Monday, September 03, 2007

Recommended Viewing - "Beerfest"

The family was out on various errands last night and I was left at home with a couple of hours to myself. I plopped down on the couch and soon was laughing out loud while watching "Beerfest," a movie described on the IMDB site as follows: "Two brothers travel to Germany for Oktoberfest, only to stumble upon secret, centuries-old competition described as a "Fight Club" with beer games."

The movie was great fun. Remember the drinking game Thumper? I had forgotten all about it until it popped up in a scene here. The flick is the latest from the Broken Lizard comedy team that also produced "Super Troopers" and "Club Dread," two other good guilty pleasures.

All three Lizard movies are rated R, and for good reason. And they're definitely "guy flicks." But "Beerfest" is my favorite of the three and there's a cameo appearance at the end that's priceless.

No comments: