Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday Fun - Bow Man

For a period of two or three years in my early teens, I was a mighty deer hunter. Not just a deer hunter, but a BOW hunter. Manly stuff. Arrows, big curved stick with a string on it. Yep, that's me at the right. Nice tush, huh?

About this time of year, along with Brother Dave and our friends Rudy and Clifton, we'd head down to Kentucky's Land Between the Lakes, a magnificent outdoor recreation area in the western part of the state. We'd camp out at night, which was lots of fun, then hunt during the day, which wasn't fun. Sitting in a tree all day in December is uncomfortable.

I wasn't much of a threat to the deer. Frankly, I didn't even see many, which amazes me now because almost any morning I can look out on the hill in our backyard and see one or more deer trespassing in our garden, eating whatever plants we've grown.

Even had I seen one back then, I don't know that I would have had the nerve or heart to get off a shot. I know I certainly couldn't shoot a deer today.

However, shooting arrows is fun. But if you don't want to shoot at deer, what can you shoot at aside from a bale of hay? Well, how about another person?

Obviously, shooting at a real person is not only a problem, it's against the law in most states. And I suspect not many of you have a bow and arrows sitting around in the closet or garage. Lucky for you, I've got a solution.

I first encountered the game of Bow Man on the Say No To Crack site. The game is actually one of many freebie games you can find at Armor Games. Start by playing against the computer. It takes a few turns to figure out what to do (click on Bow Man, pull back the cursor, select the angle and release). But once you get the hang of it, it's hard to stop.



Have fun - but be careful!

No comments: