Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Food Fight, Results of Semi-Final 1

And the winner is...Alton Brown!

It was a merciless smackdown! In an avalanche of votes, Alton Brown took out Paula Deen by a margin of 46 to 6. He beat her like an egg! He whipped her like cream! No contest.

Going into this competition I had felt that Ms. Deen might have been a favorite to take the crown. I obviously underestimated the support base out there for Alton. If I were a politician, I'd be trying to track down Alton's Army to help me get out the vote. And if I were Alton, I might consider going into politics. Very, very impressive.

Our practice is to feature a recipe from the winner and here's a good one for cold days from Alton's vault - Curry Chicken Pot Pie.

Our next Food Network face off features Giada De Laurentis against Emeril Lagasse. The poll is open. Come out and keep it clean!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alton's Army found here:

http://goodeats.dyndns.org

MikeMenn
http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com

Sullicom said...

The organization is impressive!