Monday, February 11, 2008

My What?!!

Every now and then something will jump out of an innocent conversation and smack me up side the head like a baseball bat.

I just had one of those conversations.

Brother Dave was talking about the impending birth of his daughter, Emily's, and her husband, Dave's, first child. I wrote about this a few months back when the happy news first broke.

Anyway, tonight big bro referred to the incoming family addition as my "grand niece."

My what?!! Holy crap! I'm going to have a grand something! I've never been on this side of the grand thing. When did I get this old?

Ugh. I need a stiff drink to help me deal with this.

1 comment:

Erika W. said...

Lol! There's nothing wrong with being "grand" it's like a title- Like "Sir" when you're dubbed a knight. Wear it proudly like a badge!

I hope you're doing okay, it's been a little quiet here. I tagged you this morning for a meme if you're looking for something to blog about. :-)