Thursday, February 28, 2008

Spring


It's officially spring today. For me, anyway. Today, my current hometown team, the woeful Orioles, play their first game at spring training. But today they're not woeful. Not yet anyway. No teams suck yet and everybody has a chance.

The other day on the radio I heard two baseball analysts saying the Cubs and Indians could be in the World Series this year. And they weren't kidding! If that happened, it could signal the end of the world, or at the very least lead to the end of my marriage (Marcy is a cradle-Clevelander and I've been a Cubs fan since the mid-1960s).

On this day, it's not far-fetched to consider a Cubs-Indians series match up. Heck, you could even be optimistic about the chances of the Orioles on this day. No losses yet.

Hooray for baseball!

4 comments:

SilberBook-Blog said...

Love the hat - I'm dusting off the Bo-sox cap and getting the HDTV ready to go.

(I answered your "tag" by the way - thanks for hand-off!)

Alan

SilberBook-Blog said...

Hi Sulli - (I posted earlier but it didn't show up - so apologies if you get a double-dose)

Love the baseball hat graphic! The Sox play the Twins tonight and I just might have to watch -

By the way I answered your "tag" thing - http://silberbook-blog.blogspot.com/

Go Cubbies!

naturalwoman said...

hey i love you in that hat, work it!

it's close enough to spring and i can't wait. not a baseball fan to watch on tv, but i do like going to the games.

Barbecue Bachelor said...

Go Yankees!