Friday, March 21, 2008

Fick


When I was in the fourth grade I created a cartoon character named Fick. Fick was a little boy with a big nose that had three nostrils. What was amazing about Fick (if the big nose and three nostrils weren't enough) was that he could blow enough air out his nose that he could fly. He discovered this one day after a sneeze. Before then, all the other kids used to make fun of him. But once he took wing (nose?), he was not only cool, he was something of a super hero.

Our youngest, MoJo, is now in the fourth grade and I recently shared Fick's story with her. Now she has picked up pen and has started to draw her own adventures of Fick. She came to work with me today and did the drawing posted here. You might have to click on it to enlarge it so you can read it. A very talented young one, she is.

4 comments:

Jason said...

Very nice drawing.

Aren't kids the greatest? I have 2 of my own and they will do anything to put a smile on my face (which is very easy for them).

Anonymous said...

Fick could be possibly a former college roommate of yours..??!!

-p

Sullicom said...

No, Fick's nose isn't that big.

Naturla said...

that's cool. my daughter and i have a similar thing going on. she draws and i write.