Monday, October 29, 2012

Curious choices

I'm at work on a day when one of the worst storms on record is about to come on shore.  They're predicting all sorts of doom and destruction.  A co-worker was kind enough to bring in two boxes of donuts for those of us who came in early. 

In the boxes was an assortment of donuts - glazed, cake, frosted, sprinkled, cream filled.  I normally would have passed altogether, but using the far-fetched rationalization that if the storm is as bad as predicted, this could be the last donut I'll ever eat, I took one.  But I was very curious about the choice I made for this last-ever donut.  It was some sort of weird-colored cake donut.  Not one I would have picked if I had gone to the store myself. 

Hate to think that I'll spend my last day on earth obsessing on why I picked this particular donut.

No comments: